Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Retrospections and domestications...

Wow, my last post was in 2009... August in fact. Not a worry... been really busy lately. Just the Readers Digest version... since 2009... wow... um.... ok, lets start with...... My wife and I bought a flowershop.... both quit our jobs and started something new. I'm in my 2nd year as an Appliance Service and Repair technician and the flowershop is doing great. We got married in Aug 10th, 2010 and it was the best day ever. Not too hot, not too cold, and the evening, barely any bugs. Perfect, plus I married my best friend.... what's better than that.

So, the past 10 or so months that Erin and I have been married.... no... even before we got married I've gone through a transition. I'll start this with me standing at the kitchen sink doing the dishes and it dawns on me that.... before I would have just left the dishes. One thing that I LOVE my wife for is, she doesn't let me get away with anything. ANYTHING. She has certian expectations that she has and I'm trying to do my best. And I'll freely admit that sometimes my best isn't good enough. Plus the small little things that I do, barely compare with what my wife does for me, around the house. The "un-cool" thing that I sometimes do, she askes me to do something and I'll give the big *SIGH* or roll my eyes... etc.

My goal starting from the past few months is to do things without being asked to do them... Hence doing the mountian of dishes that had accumulated over the past few days. Theres still more to do, but this journal entry had just come to me so I sat down with a beer to write this. It feels good to just, know what to do, to just do it because it had to get done.

Now, this comes from a by-product of me growing up where most of whatever had to get done, was done for me. And through bad habbit, I would just leave things until someone did them for me. Not the greatest, eh?...lol I'm getting better, I'm growing, and my wife will continually be frustrated because I'm just not "there" yet...lol But I'm working on it, and I'm enjoying the growing, personally, and as a couple.

No comments: