Thursday, September 13, 2007

Moving on and leaving some things behind...

As I sit here, doing some thinking about where I've come from (more recently then "at the beginning of time" b/s) to now and wondering what has been left behind, what did I have that I no longer posses much, if not ANY interest for anymore. I was talking to my best friend last night and usually when we chat, we chat for about an hour on usual, we chat about stuff really. Just anything, but mostly cars, bikes, women, dating, family. He's like the brother I've never had and I can pretty much talk about anything and he with I.

We started talking about moving on and up. We chatted about our bike building and how our interest has wained on the subject for both of us for some months, if not years. It's true what they say, that the older you get... your toys get bigger and more expensive. Well, it's come to pass that each of us have made that progression. I don't like saying this but us and the bikes were just stepping stones in what we really wanted to do... cars. Yea, I know... it's a passion for most guys and for some, deeper (and with deeper pockets to) than others. Nathan is the type of guy who likes to get into the bare nuts and bolts of a vehicle and rebuild it so to speak. Him and his... um... old Volvo 240DL and me with my Ford Ranger. Both of our projects widely differ and differ with our skill levels to. My truck is pretty good from the get go where his Volvo needs a lot of TLC and will get it. Most of my upgrades will be bolt on parts, his will be welded on parts of metal and working on fenders and repainting.

I finally came to the conclusion this evening when I was driving around after I fueled up. I really enjoy cruising the cityscape. Nothing brought me more satisfaction and relaxation than just driving without purpose. To see the people pass by me and for me to pass by people. It's hard for me to explain but... I find it relaxing. I'm not much of a picture person, but since this truck is a new, somewhat kinda sorta, extension of me... I want to document as much of it as I can by picture. I'll be posting a majority of my photos on Facebook (I'll try and figure out how to make them public, but I'll post the good ones here), where they'll contain the major repairs to the most minor custom items. What will this be called??? Adventure with Ranger. I'll cross post with my blog entries and my Notes in Facebook. Mind you, this blog will contain more of an online diary than anything else but still, out there for all to see.

So, yea... that's where I've come from and now where I'm going. Hopefully you'll see more than just repair and customization pic's of me and my Ranger and more adventures, either city cruises or just... the truck in general...lol But for now, I'm sleepy and off to bed. I'll keep you updated, for sure.

~Chris

No comments: