Saturday, September 8, 2007

This week was a good week

Yea, it was. It all started last saturday being invited out to my buddies place for a fire, learned how one can live in a spartan atmosphere and still have fun and enjoy life. It was also nice to sit by the fire and just enjoy the evening. I get home and see my cluttered apartment and wonder why I love the clutter so much. Sure, my buddy may be a touch ADD-ish and is always clean but still. Dad came down last weekend and I was able to go through a bunch of stuff I wasn't using or would use. Next is clothing... *sigh* I'm getting there, one shelf, one hangar, one room at a time.

I've also been eating better and been feeling better as well. I really don't care if I lose the weight but, just so long as I feel good, that's all that matters. The past few weeks I've been feeling a lot better, just in general. When I was on vacation, I started wearing a magnetic necklace and bracelet and I felt something change in me. It was gradual, and I couldn't pin point it... just something. Just for the record, it was for my back...lol Well, my back still hurts but damn do I feel good!!! Having this confidence boost has made me want something for me, something that would make me feel like me again and not just doing it/having it because its economical, cheap or.... (fill in the blank).

I bought myself a 2000 Ford Ranger. Its a great truck and I'm in love again...lol I know, ya'll are wondering how one can love a truck. Well, the past few weeks I've put IMMENSE pressure on myself to find that "one"... that person to share my time with, to be with, to have fun with. I took a weekend to myself and drove back up to Edm to clear the mind and do a little soul searching. I came back mentally refreshed, and after talking with some good friends and my mom (yes, even your parents can help you back on track) to take time for me. I'm not necessarily taking a break from dating, still looking but now I've got something to keep my mind off the situation I put myself in (stressing of having no relationship.)

The truck is allowing me an outlet of my energy, put some time and money into it and have something that I've always wanted. Something that I'VE customized for ME. The bikes were cool, but not the same thing for me. Now, I've got plans for my little Ranger. Most of it I'll do myself thank you very much!!! It won't change much, but enough so that it's for me by me.



I'm not much of a Ford guy, but the truck suits me. I can't wait.


~Chris

No comments: