Saturday, May 12, 2007

A realization by Chris.

So, I was at Market Mall today in Calgarys north west sitting outside a clothing store for my girlfriend to buy and try stuff on looking at the people passing. What I realized was that I miss kickin' it with Nathan down on Whyte Ave sitting watching the world revolve by us. Seeing the short skirts, open toes, tight jeans, tight tops... seeing society walk past us. We sat for an hour that day on Whyte Ave on a bench outside the Baskin Robins (those of you who know Whyte, know where abouts I'm talking about), and I'll tell ya, it was just as good, if not better than watching TV. And then for a half hour at the Biker Tim's watchin' the world and the guys look at our pedal bikes and telling us stories when they played around with pedal bikes.

For those 5 to 10 min I sat there in the mall watching the people walk by me brought me back to that one evening in the latter stages of summer... forget the year. The only thing missing from Whyte Ave to Market Mall was, the homeless walking around, the cars, making sure no one walked off with our bikes... um... ok, so it was more than just one thing but I miss that day and the days that could have been more like it. The ride was fantastic, if not a little short but just hangin' out with my best friend... something we haven't done so much. It's something that I'd like to do again sometime. I need to get my cruiser out of my apartment for one, get my riding leggs back in shape and bring it up to Edm one day and just go for a ride.

Damn I miss those end of summer days.

~Chris

No comments: