Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What to do, What to do...

So, here I sit wondering... what peaks my interest? What gets me moving, what puts a huge f*****n' smile on my face every time I do it? Well... women mostly, but I can't really classify that as a hobby for me... for some... yes. Me... no. What I'm really getting at here is... what can I do for a hobby???

I've tried to think of a couple of things, and have had some friends try to help me out with this but really... nothing has really grabbed me so to speak. I'll run a couple of ideas by you and let you know how they've failed in that respect other than that I've tried.

1. Singles Dog Walking: Well, for obvious reasons this one can't work. For one, you need a dog, of which I am lacking right off the bat. Can't have a dog so... yea.

2. R/C Car racing: Well, I did my research played with my R/C truck twice and found out how much work you had to do to it to keep it running good and if I even wanted to race it, how much MORE work I'd have to do to do. Plus, I put bad fuel in it once and blew the nitro motor. That was a $200 mistake. I've got, including the truck, $1200 wrapped up in it plus magazines that would go with it as well. I'll give it away for $600... I think if it were electric, I would have had a LOT more fun with it, but as it stands... seriously... $600... Any takers???

3. Computer geek: Ok, yea I enjoy playing around with my computer, enhancing it, having fun playing the odd game on it, turning it into the be-all-end-all media centre for my home needs, put movies on it, use it as my TV/recorder and everything. The only problem? It's not a very social hobby. I'm not bashing computer geeks or gamers or whatever else... but I like seeing the sunrise if I get up early, not playing a game all night deciding to go to bed at 7am. Sorry...

4. Guns: Yes, I said it and it's been in my rants before... I do enjoy playing around with guns and I go out about once a month with my buddy and put a bunch of rounds down range, the only problem, like #2, it's very expensive. For instance, my .303 English rounds for my Lee Enfield are $1 a round, and it takes longer to buy 20 rounds than it does to put them down range. My buddy told me that when he goes down range, he usually goes through $100... well, I gave him $40 that day and I do have a lot of fun when I do it... but I don't think it's something I could do ALL the time... ya know? If there was an out door range I could go to, that would be different... Plus I need a license, locks, lockers, permits, registrations... it all adds up.

These are just a few, and a few of the problems that I'm going through. I'm all ears at the moment for suggestions. One last one before I sign off for the evening... I do like my biking and manufacturing custom bicycles... I'm just lacking the place to do it, the people to do it with, and well.... money. All of the things above come with a price, some less than another but I'm trying to pay down some bills and well... it's tough to have fun when you can't afford some of the things you like to do.

Later

~Chris

No comments: