Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Me... and Facebook...

Facebook to me was inevitable. I'm sorry to say that it hasn't been one of the better things that I've ever done or signed up for. Regardless if it's free or the amount of people that you can get in contact with... it's evil. All intents and purposes... e-v-i-l.

Why do I say that? Well, I have come in contact with a number of people I've worked with in the past and have even gone to school with. It's nice to see that most of the people I remember from high school and from previous work experiences are doing quite well (some more than others *clears throat*).

Just so you know, the unfortunate part right now is that I'm going to rant mostly... so be forewarned. One thing that really "grinds my gears" is all these people who I've worked with/socialized with in the past, they will add you as a friend and you write a message to them on their wall and you receive nothing back. I know it's just a basic message saying "hey, haven't talked/seen you in a while, how's things going?" and get nothing back. I mean... wholy crap, if you had no intention of wanting to chat with me, then don't accept me as a friend on facebook.

I do realize that this is a fad, like MySpace or any other sites that are out there... but I mean... come on. How hard is it to reply? You briefly look on THEIR wall and you see that they are conversing with others, why not you? The only thing I could ever think of... and if you have an idea, please... feel free to share... is that they don't want to hurt your feelings. WHAT??!?!?!!! you say? Yes... it sucks to the point of... *ugh* or *sigh* but really... what CAN we do about it? Nothing. That's right... nothing. If you receive nothing back.... um... at all... then just remove them as a friend... because really... even if you haven't even received a joke from them in the "mass mail jokes" culture... then where do you really stand with that person(s).

Anyway... that's all I really had to say. For the most part, I don't have a problem with it... but it was just one little point that really got to me for some reason. I am happy though, to get in touch with some old friends and see how well they are doing for themselves. I do have my blog address posted on facebook (I hardly doubt anyone has read or will read this anyway) but if you have taken SOME initiative to take a peek... thanks!! :) And... LEAVE A MESSAGE ON MY WALL!!!...lol

Later

~Chris

2 comments:

|:::lockan:::| said...

Yup. Facebook is retarded. I think it's a popularity thing, sorta like hi-5 was last year. The more friends you have, the cooler you must be, right? So why not add everybody you've ever talked to in your lifetime and watch the number of "friends" climb?

KrisB said...

Yea I know... I don't like that 'cause then there are some people who's space you've never visted... a lot like myspace too... exactly the same thing... and I never got into Hi5... again... dunno why I did this... :S