Friday, March 20, 2009

To all my sheet metal bretheren, I appologize

I want to help my sweetheart with her flowers, I want to feel included, but... me and flowers don't really mix and well... Erin is a one woman show really. So, anytime she asks me to help with something or build something or something to modify for her business, I'm right in there like a dirty shirt.
Well, this evening... not even a wobbly pop in me (well, one with supper but I'm not counting that) I get to business. I go to Canadian Tire and got a hacksaw blade to help cut down these garbage cans so she can create arrangements inside these baskets without seeing the top of the garbage can. Found the right blade, did the typical Canadian Tire look around to see what's there (found the new toolbox of my dreams...lol but at a small $1700, it's going to stay a dream, considering Costco has one for $1000 top and bottom).
So, out I get my drill, the biggest drill bit I could find (found out that 1/4" isn't big enough for a hacksaw blade), measured all around the basket and totally butchered it. I didn't take any pictures because, well, it is quite embarrassing. It was all over the place, up, down, huge cuts down the side, change in directions... UGH!! SO... next one I was able to think through and just started to drill holes all around the garbage pail but what aspect of that did I forget?? The little knobbies that are left after cutting the top off, and my tools are still packed, and tools meaning, files. *sigh*, so anyway... it worked a LOT better than just cutting, but the finish isn't all that great.
I know it was just plastic and no one is going to see it, but I know it's there and looks like crap...lol When she's done that wedding I'll pull out the files and give the pails some fit and finish. And man... just thinking about it... I had a Dremel tool that I could have used to cut that cleanly... man... I'm totally not thinking, maybe I SHOULD have had a few wobbly pops!!
Anyway, that's enough from me for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

butchered or not....they did the job just perfect and I appreciate it more than you know......love you