Sunday, August 12, 2007

Dreams or Goals?? Which is what now???

I've told you all about my dream of having my ranch with a couple of horses and or ranch and how I'd love to have my kids grow up there and enjoy the country life and it's peacefulness and tranquility. With each passing week, I'm realizing that it's more of a romantic notion and a more romantic way of life than what I had anticipated. I dated a girl who lived that country life, and it's not easy... and if you know me well enough... me and hard work... we don't go so well together...lol

So, now that I've realized that, what ARE my goals? Right now, I'd be happy with just finding someone and being happy with that someone. Also a goal of mine right now is to settle. I don't want to move anymore, and if you've read my previous post "Thinking"... you'll notice that I think I've finally found home. I also want to be happy with me, be happy with who I am and what I've become (it's nothing bad, just to accept the way I am). I've also got a plan in place right now that I'm hoping to stick with.

For now, I haven't given up on my ranch but I'm modifying my dream... so long as I get a 3/4 tonne diesel with a camper or trailer to be able to get out and go camping with a family.... I'd be happy with that. Even if it were a nice house in the city... I'd like to have an active family, doing something of some sort... doing touristy things or things with the family basically. I want my 2.1 kids and a dog...lol I don't know if what I'm doing is good, but for me... it's a more realistic of a dream other than reaching for the stars when you can't even get to the clouds. The only way my primary dream will have a chance is if land prices plummet... ah well...

~Chris

2 comments:

Azalea said...

Hey... happened to chance on your blog browsing blogs at random. I always think most of my dreams are romantic notions too, but I try to still hang on to them. What you are asking for isn't too much. I hope you find it.

KrisB said...

I'm not giving up on my horse ranch... Things may just fall into place that may allow me to have it, I'm just being a touch more realistic, and maybe a touch more "do-able." But I'm not giving up... :)