Monday, August 27, 2007

Why do I do it to myself?

This has been the worst year for telemarketers for me. Normally, I keep a low profile and don't hear anything from them. Today was someone from the University of Calgary doing a survey about fitness in various areas of the city. I really had nothing to do, other than stalling from cooking dinner and dishes (as of yet, all of my dishes have not been done), so for 14 minutes I sat there answering questions with the typical "strongly agree, agree, neither agree/disagree, disagree, strongly disagree." It wasn't all that painful, and the woman spoke english.

It's staring to piss me off that I'm getting all this. I had Rogers phone me twice within 20 min of each other one evening trying to sell me the SAME home phone package, then Capital One (Whats in YOUR wallet??) called about half an hour after that. I say, sorry not interested... "Oh but sir, do you know about... ... ..." no and I don't care, but of course I'm not that rude but in my mind I give them the benefit of a pleasant, thanx but no thanx twice, but watch out for that 3rd time I WILL hang up. I will only suffer through so much.

Maybe I'm too polite, or afraid of hurting these people's feelings... fuck it now. These people are on my hit list. Maybe I'm too forgiving because these people are getting a commission on the people they get to sign up, hence the reason why they are pushy. But, get the hint after time #2 of me saying "Sorry, I'm happy with (insert company/plan) and not interested." I really don't know how many people will go through 3 times of "oh but wait and see how we can beat your other offers!!!!" I for one let them down gracefully, to let them save face. Maybe they think that since I've sat through the fast talking b/s that long, I'll actually think "hey, wait a minute, it all makes sense now, it's all so clear......."

Fuck it, I'll pay for an unlisted number.

~Chris

No comments: